Monday, June 25, 2007

Muelas del Juicio

I got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning, but surprisingly remembered a great deal of things that happened right before they knocked me out. I had been talking with the nurse, and I told her I was going to Ecuador, and she got all excited. Apparently her college roommate used to live in Ecuador and has a condo that she never uses that's on the ocean. She said she'd give me a call and tell me about renting it.

The best part of getting my wisdom teeth out was that I was apparently really chatty and cute in the recovery room. My mom describes me lying on the bed and as soon as she walked in saying "That wasn't that bad!" and the launching off into telling her (sometimes multiple times) all the stuff I remembered. I even told her that I had promised to remember a number of things. It was pretty classic. I thought it was hilarious when she told me all about it. I was remembering stuff, and completely awake. And thus far I haven't had any pain or anything. And I'm pretty not swollen, which is nice.

I started reading my Ecuador guidebook from the school last night. It has a TON of useful information for me to use. I'm glad they eventually gave it to us, because it's pretty chocked full of stuff we need to know. I feel quite a bit more secure about being there. I'm really afraid of appearing too rich, though, which would not be good. I want to take my video camera with me, but I don't want to be a theft target. Especially not with my new video camera.

I plan on emailing Angela Gross and asking some questions about stuff like that. Just a couple things, I guess.

Anyway. I just felt like updating. I don't even think anyone reads this yet.

Oh, and if you want to access my webpage that all this is linked to, go to www.googlepages.com/chrissygoestoecuador.

Ok, Caio.

No comments: